Tuesday, January 5, 2010

After effects...



Although Carmen asked me not to post any further pictures or to blog more about her because she would rather work on the book that we are developing; I just wanted to let everyone know how remarkable this woman is. And that she is doing well. Of course she is no more remarkable then the women who went before her or those who unfortunately will follow after on this journey one takes when you hear the words "You have breast cancer".

She is looking forward to going back to work. It's been 5 weeks since her double mastectomy, stage 1 cancer. I photographed her yesterday and must admit, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to capture her beauty the way I wanted to. We shot in her house with natural light and both of us loved the images I captured. Her healing process is not over but she is well on her way.



Yes, she is plagued by fears, worse case scenarios dance through her mind, racing at night when she lies in her bed, but she brightens as she wakes to the light of day. Her attitude is hopeful, she grabs onto the horns of life with both hands and tries to get the most out of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment